Despite of the repeated official appealing of Ukraine to the Russian Federation to suspend the redeployment on the teritory of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol the military and defence equipment, vehicles and aircrafts of the Black See Fleet`s military forces, the Black See Command takes active steps regarding the movement of the military and defence equipment toward to Simferopol, Saki and within the city of Sevastopol.
These actions of the Russian Side is a gross violation of the existing bilateral treaties and agreements between Ukraine and the Russian Federation, including the Treaty on Friendship, Cooperation and Partnership between Ukraine and the Russian Federation (of May 31, 1997), the Agreement between Ukraine and the Russian Federation on the Status and Terms of the Deployment of the Black See Fleet in the Territory of Ukraine (of May 27, 1997), as well as the Agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on granting permission to the forces and resources of the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation to operate within national airspace of Ukraine and Black Sea airspace, where the responsibility for safety and coordination of air traffic is entrusted on Ukraine (of July 16, 1999).
In particular, the Article 3 of the Treaty, provides that "The High Contracting Parties to build relationships with each other based under the principles of mutual respect for sovereign equality, territorial integrity, inviolability of borders, peaceful settlement of disputes, non-use or threat of force, including economic and other means of pressure, the right of peoples to freely dispose of their fate, non-interference in internal affairs…".
The Article 6 of the Treaty stipulates that "Each High Contracting Party shall refrain from participation in or maintaining any kind of action taken against the other High Contracting Party, and agrees not to enter into with third countries of any agreement against the other Party. Neither Party shall allow as to its territory has been used to the detriment of the security of the other Party".
In accordance with the Paragraph 1, Article 6 of the Agreement between Ukraine and the Russian Federation on the Status and Terms of the Deployment of the Black See Fleet in the Territory of Ukraine "The military units to exercise their activities in the areas where they are stationed in accordance with the laws of the Russian Federation and respect the sovereignty of Ukraine, abide by its legislation and to refrain from interfering in the internal affairs of Ukraine".
In accordance with the Paragraph 2, Article 8 of that Agreement "The military units existing their maneuvers and other types of combat and operations training within the boundaries of training centers, training fields, positioning and deployment areas, firing ranges and air zones agreed with respective authorities of Ukraine, except for the excluded air zones".
In violation of that Agreement by the Russian side had taken the following actions:
- On February 28, 2014 the Sevastopol Marine Guard Detachment of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine was blocked by a group of 30 armed persons who defined the purpose of their coming as "the implementation of decisions of the Security Council of the ARC to prevent seizure of weapons and ammunition". At the same time there was the location of snipert in the altitudes around to the Marine Guard Detachment;
- The missile boat "Ivanovec" belong to the Black Sea Fleet of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation (AFRF) blocked Balaklava bay away from 5 cable length from seashore;
- On March 1, 2014 approximate 20 AFRF's vehicles type of "Ural" and "Tiger" penetrated at the airfield "Kirovske";
- 100 AFRF's military personals penetrated at the area of the separate radar company "Evpatoria";
- Airfield "Belbek" locked by the AFRF's military personals. Personnel of the Air Forces of Ukraine was proposed to move to the AFRF's side or to leave the territory without weapons.
The Russian side also flagrantly violated the Paragraph 5 of the Article 15 of this Agreement, which provides that: "The movement associated with the activities of military forces outside their place of deployment should be made after the consent of competent state bodies of Ukraine". In particular :
- On 21-22 February, there were the active movement of a large number of the Black Sea Fleet's (BSF) military units battle equipment (more than 30 armored vehicles) in Crimea and Sevastopol, which were not consistent with the competent authorities of Ukraine. 16 units of "BTR-80" of the 810th separate brigade of marines BSF (Sevastopol) visited towns in the area of the centers of population Kacha and Guardiske and within Sevastopol;
- On 27-28 February, BSF command accomplished active movement of military and defense technology towards Simferopol and Saki and within Sevastopol;
- On 27 February, a large landing ship "Azov" moored to the dock number 141 of the Sevastopol Bay "South", passed border control procedures and made the transition to the bay "Kozacha" (the area of locations of 810 Brigade Marines BSF), where the ship was unloaded about 300 soldiers with weapons;
- The convoy of 14 "Ural" vehicles with no license plates and 2 "BTR-80", which transported 400 soldiers, left the territory of the 7th academic detachment toward the Black Sea Fleet from Sevastopol departure.
According to Article 2 of the Agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on granting permission to the forces and resources of the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation to operate within national airspace of Ukraine and Black Sea airspace: "Military exercises and combat tests of the anti-aircraft alert forces of the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation only after receiving approval from the Central Command of Armed Forces of Ukraine and only in accordance with the rules and regulations set up by the Ukrainian Airspace Management and Planning Centre (UKRAEROCENTER)".
In violation of this agreement 4 AFRF's aircrafts Il-76MD (№№ 76722 , 76731 , 76776 , 76777), which came from basing airfields in Pskov and Taganrog (Russia) Guards landed and unloading 2014 at the "Guardiske" airport on February 28, 2014.
Moreover, 10 aircrafts Il-76MD and 10 helicopters from the RF territory landed in the vicinity of the airfields "Kacha" and "Guardiske", which illegally crossed the state border of Ukraine and avoid the border control.
Photo: State Border Guard Service of Ukraine